2021 COMMITMENTS DIRECTORY
IMPACTING MORE THAN
Universities, districts, policymakers and organizations joined our 2021 campaign.
Learn more about the campaign or navigate the Data Science for Everyone Commitments Directory below to see how districts, universities, states, companies and organizations are all committing to actions that promote data literacy.
Find potential collaborators, as well as resources and opportunities including free licenses, learning activities, data sets and programs that you can join or use in your data science education practice.
BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium
The BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium commits to working with undergraduate biology faculty to advance the integration of the use of data science principles and practices throughout undergraduate biology education over the next year.
Professional development; Interdisciplinary
Bootstrap / Brown University
Bootstrap commits to:
1) Expanding our Data Science materials with broader usage guidelines.
2) Offering Data Science Professional Development for educators everywhere.
3) Launching the second wave of Data Science teachers across the curriculum in New York City - the nation’s largest school district.
Learning activities & resources; Professional development
2Sigma School Inc.
2Sigma School commits to offering high-quality, instructor-led, credit-bearing online classes in Data Science to high-school students, directly through our website or integrated within the school schedule in partnership with high schools all across the US for the upcoming academic school year by August 2021.
Curriculum & courses
95 Percent Group
95 Percent Group commits to launching a new set of structured literacy products to be used with a district’s core curriculum, 95 Phonics Core ProgramTM.
Additionally, Dr. Susan Hall, author of I’ve DIBEL’d Now What, commits to build teachers’ data literacy skills by creating new job-embedded training resources to support assessment-driven, differentiated early literacy instruction by Fall 2021.
Curriculum & Courses;
ASSISTments commits to:
1) Publishing an op-ed on the importance of data science education and data literacy training in the middle and HS math curriculum in Fall 2021.
2) Publicly releasing large educational data sets via its upcoming E-TRIALS platform.
3) Hosting a data science curricula on the ASSISTments platform or building modules for teachers to cover the same standards using their existing curriculum with a data science lens (funding dependent).